Norton Way Motors Ltd is a multi-franchise Company representing Honda, Mazda, Peugeot, Nissan and Skoda & Kia in West London & Hertfordshire areas. The ethos behind Norton Way is focused on providing excellent customer service and ‘being the best’. We recognise that all our employees are individuals and embrace the ideas and variety that this brings. Our policy is to employ a diverse and flexible workforce that reflect our customers and potential customers requirements and we aim to train every employee to achieve and deliver customer excellence in everything they do.
Trainee Vehicle Progress Chaser
Salary: £18,000.00 per annum
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:30pm, every third Saturday 08:30am to 12:30pm
Location: Letchworth Garden City, Herts
We currently have an opportunity for a Trainee Progress Chaser to join our busy team. The main purpose of the role is to ensure all vehicles for display and delivery to customers are prepared to the highest possible standards and that all deadlines are met. You will learn how each department plays a part in the Progress Chasing Role and provides the opportunity to build the valuable knowledge and skills needed to be successful.
- Forecourt Presentation in accordance with Franchise standards
- Monitor all orders and preparation work to ensure that they are completed by the times required and to report any likely delays to the Sales Executive or Sales Manager as early as possible
- Ensuring stock vehicles are mechanically prepped and valeted for display
- Movement & collection of vehicles between sites
- Liaising with outsourced suppliers when required for preparation of stock and sold vehicles.
- Record and maintain costings, servicing and MOT schedules for Sales Management Team
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships across all departments within the dealership
- The role will ideally suit someone with a strong administrative background
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- Strong organisational abilities
- Methodical with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Positive attitude and able to work on own initiative
In return we offer additional benefits such as flexible holiday, a child care voucher scheme, contributory pension scheme and our Norton Way rewards portal offering retail discounts across the UK. Employees are also given preferential rates on vehicle purchases, servicing and parts. We take great pride in our workforce holding a quarterly employee award to further recognise and reward our top achievers.