Kia’s first ever plug-in hybrid electric vehicle is expected to go on sale around October 2016. The innovative new plug-in hybrid power-train will not only be an addition to the Optima line-up but also the expanding portfolio of low-emission vehicles.
- Powered by: 9.8kWH lithium-polymer battery paired with a 50 kW electric motor and an efficient 2.0-litre ‘Nu’ four-cylinder GDI engine at the core.
- Electric mode: Range of up to 33 miles at speeds as high as 120 kph
- Engine: 156ps and 189Nm. Hybrid mode total power: 205ps and 375Nm
- Emissions: Expected to be 37 g/km (combined,New European Driving Cycle)
Aesthetic and Aerodynamic Enhancements
- The exterior profile is instantly recognisable as part of the Optima family, with aerodynamic improvements: Air flap grille, re-profiled bumpers and efficient air-flow have all helped reduce the vehicle’s drag
- Charging port is located into the driver-side front wing.
- Hybrid styling: Chrome trim with metallic blue finish for rear bumper, grille surround and wheel arches, and special EcoPlugin badging
- Key Plug-in information appears on the instrument cluster display such as battery’s state of charge, driving style and efficiency driving tips
- Equipped with Kia’s latest audio-visual navigation (AVN) functionality, with an 8.0-inch touchscreen
- AVN will also support DAB digital radio and Plug-In Hybrid features such as the car’s current EV range and nearby charging station locations
- Will be among the first Kia models to feature Android Auto and Apple Carplay, both systems allow the driver to use their phones features whilst keeping their hands on the wheel.
- Kia Connected Services, powered by TomTom. The navigation system will include live traffic updates, speed camera alerts, local search and weather forecasts
- Six- Speaker System as standard but music lovers can upgrade to a powerful 590-watt Harman Kardon QuantumLogic Premium Sound Audio System, with 10 speakers, external amplifier and advanced surround sound technology.
- Wireless Charger for mobile devices.
Active Hazard- Avoidance
- Advanced Smart Cruise Control
- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- High Beam Assist
- Speed Limit Information Function
- Blind Spot Detection
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert