The all-new Kia Niro is expected to be arriving in showrooms in the UK around July 2016. The low-emissions hyrbid crossover marks the development of Kia’s first dedicated eco-car platform.
The Niro will offer the practicality and appeal of a spacious crossover, together with the high fuel efficiency of an advanced hybrid power-train. Its attractive and modern design will make it stand out among conservatively-styled hybrid rivals.
- Styled by Kia’s design centres in California, USA and Namyang, Korea
- Practicality and aesthetic allure of a compact crossover, with sleek, aerodynamic body and subtly sculptured surfaces
- Kia signature styling- ‘Tiger-nose’ grille and wide C-pillar
- Designed for efficient aerodynamic performance whilst ensuring occupants enjoy generous interior space
- Available with choice of seven colours with 16″ or 18″ alloy designs
- Follows the Kia trend of high quality, soft-touch materials throughout the interior
- The instrument binnacle will feature a HMI (human-machine interface), will also incorporate switches for key driver assistive systems
- The Niro will be available with a single-tone cabin, either in black or dark drey, and upholstered in cloth, cloth & leather or full genuine leather.
Advanced Hybrid Powertrain
- The details: 1.6-litre ‘Kappa’ GDI engine- producing 105ps and 147 Nm toque- paired with a 32 kW electric motor and 1.56 kWh lithium-ion polymer battery pack, with a highly-efficient six-speed double-clutch transmission (6DCT)
- Targeting: 89 g/km CO2
- Kia’s latest Human Machine Interface (HMI) and a large 7.0- or 8.0-inch touchscreen will support Navigation, Bluetooth, Audio Connectivity and DAB Radio
- It will be available with either a six-speaker audio system or a new eight-speaker audio from JBL
- The new Niro will adopt Kia’s Connected Services, powered by TomTom. It includes live traffic updates, speed camera locations, points of interest and weather forecasts.
- It will be the first Kia model to feature Andriod Auto, which will contect the car with smartphone apps and fucntions
- Wireless Phone Charger will also be available
Latest Hazard Avoidance Technologies
- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Smart Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Warning System
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Blind Sport Detection
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Watch to find out more about the new Niro here: